Thursday, November 5, 2015

Freebie: Thanksgiving Quick Write

Although I didn't take pics yesterday, this simple activity introduced my Firsties to using commas in a series and turned out adorable.  




After I modeled using this prompt, we brainstormed what we were thankful for.  Answers ranged from the color purple to popcorn to family.  My own answer was pre-made using AND between everything.  Then I rewrote deleting all my "ands" and inserting commas instead.

Simple.
Effective.
Cute results.

Once they got their paper to write, it took them 15 minutes from start to finish which included illustrating.  Honestly, so cute and they look great hanging up.  (I mounted on green paper.)  When I return to school on Monday, I'll snap some pics.

I hope you can use the freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!