Monday, July 27, 2015

Problem Solved: Hard to Erase Whiteboards and Chalkboards

Both can get pretty grungy and leave behind faded writing that you just can't get off. It's one of those little things that drives me batty in the classroom.

And at home!

I tried everything I could think of to get the chalk off my little bird chalkboards that I use mostly at home. I had used a chalk marker (I heart chalk markers!!) which boasted that it "Erased Easily."

Um...
NOPE!

 
You can see the unerased "H" above. The rest of the letters ARE erased. Ha! No matter what I tried, those marks were still there.

Same for some of my whiteboards:


About to give up and thinking I'd have to repaint the bird boards with chalkboard black paint, my husband grabbed a Magic Eraser.  

It worked like a charm!!! 


Look at them now! Like new! Just in time for my daughter's Grad Party this past weekend!

(Boro is her High School and "Cuse" is her college: Syracuse!)

If you don't have a Magic Eraser, get thee to the store pronto! I cut them up into smaller pieces so they last a bit longer. Although I have white boards (and individual ones for the kids) I know many classes still have chalkboards. I hope this helps you get them super clean!

UPDATE: Amazon has another brand that are much cheaper and yet clean the same way. Click HERE to see the storefront. I've used and they are the awesome...and cheaper!

In clip art news...John's latest: The Civil War! This pack is bigger than usual since he had a lot to fit in it. Hope you like it!




Have a great day!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!