Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Still Need a Mother's Day Project?

Trust me, this was SIMPLE!  So simple in fact, that it can be completed in a day.  A DAY!  Yes, there's still time!


Here are a few close-ups:




The Back:


How-To

Materials:

 *Watercolors (Crayola)
 *White Construction Paper cut 11.5 x 11.5 inches.
 *12 x 12 Colored Paper for mounting  (seen in group photo)
 *"I Love You Because Paper" from Wild About Teaching (Freebie!)

What to do:

Tell class to make a circle ANYWHERE but the middle.  Then add petals which SHOULD reach out to the edge of the paper. (Some kids did it, some didn't.)  They can add leaves if they like.  I told them to pick 2-3 colors and paint!  I suggested they didn't pick GREEN if they were going to make leaves. After they painted them, they sort of looked a little bit..um...interesting.  But, like magic, once you outline in black marker,... BEAUTIFUL!!!!  (I did most of outlining to save time.)  We glued the paper on back and laminated them.  I was impressed!  My colleague Brittany did them a few days ago and I just had to follow her lead after seeing how they turned out.  This is a great project for any holiday!  Keep it in mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!